So for today, I'll be sharing how I was able to replace it with my BTT logo. The steps won't require any coding skills so everyone may try this out.
First of all, here is how it looks like
Here is the steps to do it
1) Prepare your image and save it as logo.ico file. I actually tried JPG but that doesn't seem to work. Note that it is advisable to make the file size as small as possible since you'll be placing it on your removable device too. That means it would consume space also to your device.
2) Place the image inside your removable device
3) Open your notepad. For those who don't know how to open it, simply go to
Start > Program > Accessories > Notepad
4) Type in the following in the notepad:
logo.icois the location of the file inside the removable device.
5) Save the notepad as autorun.inf and place it at the root directory on your removable device. Root directory means that it should not be inside any folder.
6) Now safely remove your removable device and plugged it again. If you done it correctly, you may now see your device at "My Computer" with your logo in it.
Follow Up Notes
Take note that I used the term removable device all through out the step since this may be applied to almost all storage devices such as CDs and DVDs, flash disk, external HDD etc.
Also, you may want to change the property of autorun.inf to "READ-ONLY". I'm not sure with this, but this might avoid some virus that tries to create autorun.inf and overwrite the file that you created.
That's all. Have fun customizing your flash disk everyone! ^_^
You may also download the sample files used here. Just simply extract the contents of this to your root directory. Download Here.